The importance of social media in the modern-day world is undebatable. So, having a considerable Instagram audience is significant if you want to grow your business, boost sales, build a market presence, or receive more traction. But using shady apps to increase your followers for a few bucks is inadvisable. You might even get banned from the site, or your posts may get removed permanently. Therefore, one must adopt organic means and methods to grow a real audience.
If you are on the hunt for natural ways to increase your followers, this post is here with the most useful tips:
Ten easy methods to grow your Instagram followers
1. Switch to a business profile
One of the well-known advantages of switching to a business profile is the way you can draw a clear distinction between your personal and private life. Other pertinent advantages include the agency to authentic advertising on Instagram, promoting posts, adding clickable links to stories, finding relevant content on the feed, the access to Instagram Insights, and access to the contact button, among other things. Therefore, creating a business profile should be the first and foremost step in your Instagram journey to increment your followers organically.
2. Optimisation is the key
Optimising your account is the second step in gaining followers. Once you have created a business profile, you need to focus on your page name, bio, display picture, captions, etc. All these elements act as a window into your vision, mission, and the products/services you offer. Catchy descriptions and pictures help you attract potential clients. Avoid using an extensive vocabulary to reach out to a larger audience.
3. Create and post video content
The hype around reels is real. They have the potential to increase your reach manifold. Therefore, incorporating video content into your feed is a must. Here are a few tips for creating good quality video content:
- Use a standard video maker: Whether you are a novice or a professional, a video maker online will ease your job to a great extent. Look for a video making tool that enables you to trim videos, add filters, carry out smooth transitions, and provide unique elements like GIFs, fluid animations, stickers, etc.
- Keep your videos short and crisp: The main reason behind Instagram introducing reels was that modern man does not have the time and energy to watch excruciatingly long videos. Short videos catch the eye with ease. Therefore, it is significant to keep your videos to the point.
- Create trending and relevant content: Staying on top of trends will always give you an upper hand over your competitors. However, your followers are there on your account for a particular type of content. Thus, ensure that you stay true to your cause.
4. Post regularly
When it comes to Instagram, both quantity and quality matter. Therefore, it is not just pertinent to create quality content but also to focus on quantity. If you do not post intriguing content regularly, your followers might get tempted to unfollow you. Hence, consistent posting is significant to retaining existing followers.
5. Plan your content
Strategising plays a pertinent role in creating professional-looking Instagram posts. It is indispensable to plan your posts to make them more aesthetically pleasing. Strategising your posts helps you save time and draws the users’ attention to your page. Here’s how you can create an attractive Instagram grid:
- Follow a cohesive pattern: Instead of posting random pictures and video content, follow a fixed pattern. Decide the colour scheme, style of borders, and so on. Cohesiveness makes your feed look tidy and visually appealing.
- Pay attention to the thumbnail: Integrating video and picture content can be tricky. Ensure that your videos’ thumbnail is in tandem with the other pictorial posts. Creating thumbnails might sound tedious, but you can use an Instagram video maker to achieve the same with utmost ease.
Using relevant hashtags serves multiple purposes. Instagram provides its users with the option to follow hashtags as well. For instance, if someone is interested in a particular product/service, they can follow related hashtags. Therefore, you gain traction when you use relevant hashtags in your posts. These help users sort through posts they find engaging. If you incorporate trending words in your hashtags, your posts are more likely to be featured on top of the search results, engaging more and more audiences and converting them to your followers.
7. Do not buy fake followers
Many people use sub-standard apps to purchase artificial followers, decreasing your credibility. There is often a disparity in follower count and the number of likes, shares, and comments. Therefore, it is not difficult for other users to figure out that you have bought fake followers. Since Instagram also discourages such practices, your account might be banned or your reach reduced. Hence, no matter how tempting it is to get fake followers, avoid indulging in these unethical practices.
8. Conduct giveaways
Every time you reach a milestone, conduct a giveaway. Giveaways are a great way of getting new followers, likes, shares, and comments. It is also an excellent method to show the community that you genuinely care about them.
One might be reluctant to invest in paid promotions. However, allocating a budget to advertising will help you in the long run. Moreover, Instagram advertising is pretty inexpensive. Since video ads perform better than the other ad types, spending money on them is advisable.
10. Track your progress
The top benefit of switching to a business profile is gaining access to Instagram Insights. This tool helps Instagrammers track each post’s progress. See what kind of posts work the best for you; try to incorporate more of that content. It will surely help you increment your follower count.
Growing Instagram followers is a slow and steady process. It requires patience, perseverance, and consistency. Adopting shortcuts like buying fake likes and followers can have drastic consequences. Therefore, it is better to stick to healthy practices like posting video content, advertising, optimising, and of course, being regular.